OPEN LETTER TO BUHARI: AN APPEAL FOR JUSTICE IN OIL AND GAS SECTOR APPOINTMENTS.
AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT
President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
AN APPEAL FOR JUSTICE IN OIL AND GAS SECTOR APPOINTMENTS.
Permit me sir, to use this medium to write you this brief letter of appeal for justice in the Board and Management positions of our still most cherished Oil and Gas Sector.
2. A quick glance at the present Board of NNPC will tell of a manifest case of INJUSTICE… The major oil producing states can only produce just one person – Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, this is not good enough Your Excellency.
3. Mr. President Sir, I am very certain the uproar the recent re-organisation in the directorate positions of the body by the GMD; Engr. Maikanti Baru, is yet to die-off because of INJUSTICE.
4. Your Excellency Sir, do you know from the Board, to the EDs and to the topmost Directors in NNPC, we can only recognised Mr. Tim Okon GGM Strategy, alone? But Akwa Ibom State is the highest Oil Producing State… This is INJUSTICE Sir.
5. Since 1977 to date, NNPC had produced about 20 GMDs but none is from Akwa Ibom State… This is INJUSTICE Sir, though this is not entirely your fault but you can help us redress sir.
6. Your Excellency Sir, do you know the Acts on which NNPC was established has no recognition for the position of Minister of State? That Dr. Ibe Kachikwu as Minister of State is like letter “P” in Psychology? This is INJUSTICE Sir.
i. That you should please relinquish your position as Petroleum Minister to Dr. Ibe Kachikwu.
ii. If the prayer one is not possible sir, then appoint a new person of your choice from the Major Oil Producing States, especially from Akwa Ibom State as the new GMD of NNPC.
iii. Please sir, re-visit the recent posting in the Directorate Cadre of NNPC in order to do justice to the aggrieved.
iv. That you should add your all important voice in the clarion for Oil Majors to relocate their Headquarters to the oil producing states.
v. That Oil Blocks should consciously be allotted to Major Oil Producing States and the Niger Deltans to address the imbalance of present situation in that regards.
8. This letter is no invitation to criminality such as militancy, vandalism, kidnapping etc, no one should seek alibi through it.
9. This letter has no political undertone, no one should dance around with any of that.
10. Your Excellency Sir, this is a passionate appeal by a concern citizen with altruistic inclination. Do not discard it sir.
Do accept the assurances of my esteem regards.
A Development Strategist and Policy Analyst Writes in from Uyo.